The CRSN has created this page to list relevant COVID-related resources for our stakeholders. Documents will be uploaded as they become available. Additional resources have been made available to support stroke survivors, families, and caregivers in response to the pandemic. Click here to access support resources for stroke survivors.
Stroke Guidance Documents
- Aphasia Institute Pictographs Click here for a template to facilitate a conversation about COVID-19 and isolation. There are also new templates about going to the hospital and giving consent to participate in online programs. To access these and other editable templates, visit the Aphasia Institute website at https://www.participics.ca/
- Champlain Community Support Network - COVID-19 Support Services includes pharmacy & food delivery, Meals on Wheels, telephone support, transportation options, and dementia support
- Community and Therapy Services for Stroke Survivors in Ottawa - this week’s listing of private therapies available to persons with stroke (no change as of Dec 1, 2020)
- CorHealth COVID-19 Resource Center for Stroke: CorHealth has provided an up-to-date listing of resources that you may find useful, like virtual rehab and online community resources. See this month's stroke awareness poster highlighting Stroke Rehabilitation During COVID-19
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Coronavirus Resources- Information to help deal with the COVID-19 crisis for patients and caregivers living with heart disease or stroke. Includes medical & social services, financial assistance, peer support, physical activity & nutrition, and Government of Canada updates
- Mental Health Resources, Ottawa Public Health: Caregivers often don't take the time for self-care as they work to improve the health of others. It is normal to feel stress at this time and for this situation to affect mental health. Click here for a listing of some of the Mental Health Resources available to you.
- Mental Health Resources - Counselling Connect: provides free access to a same-day or next-day phone or video counselling session. This service is for children, youth, adults and families in Ottawa and the surrounding area. Click here to book a session
- Ontario Health COVID-19 Response Update: Click here for the latest updates on COVID-19 in Ontario
- Rehab and Community Services in Champlain during COVID: this webinar provides an overview of sub-acute services that exist in the Champlain region to support transitions in care and information to regional stakeholders on modifications to sub-acute programs and services due to COVID guidelines. An archived copy dated July 9, 2020 is available on the University of Ottawa Heart Institute website at: https://pwc.ottawaheart.ca/education/heartwise-webinars
- Rehabilitative Care Alliance COVID-19 Rehab Resources are provided to support rehab professionals, other clinicians and administrators as they provide and plan for care
- Stroke Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic -The Heart & Stroke Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations (CSBPR) Advisory Council has developed guidance on implementing evidence-based stroke care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute has compiled a list of resources to help keep patients informed and stay active and healthy during this difficult time. Click here for heart-healthy resources for secondary prevention like exercise (videos etc), nutrition, stress management and more.
- Virtual & Online Care Resources Ontario - A list of virtual and online care resources has been created by the Ontario Regional Stroke Networks’ Community and Long-Term Care Group to share with persons living with the effects of stroke, families/informal caregivers and health professionals.