The CRSN has created this page to list relevant COVID-related resources for our stakeholders. Documents will be uploaded as they become available. Additional resources have been made available to support stroke survivors, families, and caregivers in response to the pandemic. Click here to access support resources for stroke survivors.
Stroke Guidance Documents
Aphasia Institute Pictographs: The Aphasia Institute has developed templates to facilitate conversations about COVID-19. There are templates about vaccinations, COVID screening, and giving consent to participate in online programs. To access these and other editable templates, visit the Aphasia Institute website at: https://www.participics.ca.
- Champlain Community Support Network: COVID-19 Support Services include pharmacy and food delivery, Meals on Wheels, telephone support, transportation options, and dementia support.
- Community and Therapy Services for Stroke Survivors in Ottawa: See the listing of private therapies available to persons with stroke (no change as of Dec 1, 2020)
- CorHealth COVID-19 Resource Center for Stroke: CorHealth has provided an up-to-date listing of resources that you may find useful, such as virtual rehab and online community resources.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Coronavirus Resources: Information to help deal with the COVID-19 crisis for patients and caregivers living with heart disease or stroke. They include medical and social services, financial assistance, peer support, physical activity and nutrition, and Government of Canada updates.
- Mental Health Resources, Ottawa Public Health: Caregivers often don't take the time for self-care as they work to improve the health of others. It is normal to feel stress at this time and for this situation to affect mental health. See the OPH listing of some of the Mental Health Resources available to you.
- Mental Health Resources, Counselling Connect: Provides free access to a same-day or next-day phone or video counselling session. This service is for children, youth, adults, and families in Ottawa and the surrounding area. Click to book a session.
- Ontario Health COVID-19 Response Update: See the latest updates on COVID-19 in Ontario.
- Rehab and Community Services in Champlain During COVID: This webinar provides an overview of sub-acute services that exist in the Champlain region to support transitions in care and information for regional stakeholders on modifications to sub-acute programs and services due to COVID guidelines. An archived copy dated July 9, 2020 is available from the University of Ottawa Heart Institute at: https://pwc.ottawaheart.ca/education/heartwise-webinars.
- Rehabilitative Care Alliance: COVID-19 Rehab Resources are provided to support rehab professionals, other clinicians and administrators as they provide and plan for care.
- Stroke Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Heart & Stroke Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations (CSBPR) Advisory Council has developed guidance on implementing evidence-based stroke care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute: UOHI has compiled a list of resources to help keep patients informed and stay active and healthy during this difficult time. Heart-healthy resources for secondary prevention include exercise videos, nutrition, stress management and more.
- Virtual & Online Care Resources Ontario: A list of virtual and online care resources has been created by the Ontario Regional Stroke Networks’ Community and Long-Term Care Group to share with persons living with the effects of stroke, families/informal caregivers, and health professionals.